i died and went to heaven
long time ago, i tried my first fabric dying experiments and well, they were my first, so not exactly the prettiest. so i cut up all my rejects into 4 1/2" squares, sewed them into 9patches. i made a couple, then lost interest. since i'm trying to finish some of my UFOs, this one was in the pile.
i finished making the required 9patches and dyed some yardage for the borders and sashing. i cheated tho, i bought liquid RIT dye......in navy blue. guess someone at the factory is color blind. it came out purple....*shrug* oh well....
i realized during the piecing that i had a good tip to share. it's how i get my seams to line up across the sashing without having to use cornerstones.
Line the lines of the ruler to the seams to keep everything straight.
i'll be back later with some quilting to share!