it's the little things....

davis is a great resource for unconventional needed crafty supplies and over the years has learned to stop asking what i am going to use my special requests for.

recently i needed a big chunk of good, sturdy, clean cardboard.  not to be out done, he brings me a box that a light fixture was packed in. this box was 2foot by 4 foot. PERFECT...










i grabbed my utlity knife and started cutting....












this is just what i wanted!!! some masking tape and i have a fence for my sewing machine!

i got tired of her jumping off the table and trying to run away...








just kidding!

my sewing machine cover needed some support. the cover was a bit flimsy and it needed some reinforment....ahh, order has been restored in the studio :) it's the little things.

8 comments:

  1. Great idea and a another great way to recycle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful swing machine cover! Very clever support system too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea!! And I love the cover you made. Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "i got tired of her jumping off the table and trying to run away..."

    LOL!! Just for a *second*, I was trying to imagine this in my mind. You almost had me. :-)

    Excellent solution.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I want one!!!!!
    Both the machine and the fabulous cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautyful quilt design on the cover and a clever way to support the flimsy-ness. I think my Bernina nedds such one also...

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great idea to support the cover! I may have to make one for mine as we have nosey cats. What are you using to hold the large spool of thread on your old machine? I have a 15-91 Singer that I love.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for taking the time to comment, they feed my blog. i do my best to reply to each and every one! you can bet your comments are ALWAYS read and appreciated.