another wedding block

i have to share the block i just finished!!!

i was thinking what else needed to be represented in the quilt and it hit me like a ton of bricks- a wedding can't happen without a proposal

davis proposed on South Beach in Miami Florida. he tied the ring to a sea shell and let me 'find' it. very, very romantic!

i wrote "will you marry me?" in the center....i think it's funny- i made the proposal block on our one month anniversary....

i found the block in the third edition of Quiltmaker's 100 Blocks. it's block #296 designed by Cindy Simms. the directions have it as a 12inch finished block, but i used EQ to re-size it to finish at 9inches...

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment, they feed my blog. i do my best to reply to each and every one! you can bet your comments are ALWAYS read and appreciated.