Starting a New Project

i was inspired by a customer's quilt to start a new project. now, i'm not one that subscribes to the school of "i-can't-start-a-new-project-til-i-get-one-done" thinking. i go with the flow of my creative juices. if a UFO sits on my shelf too long, i lovingly pass it on to my charity group to finish.
i went through my stash and picked batiks that would be perfect for my quilt. (batiks are SO yummy!) i'm going to stick with brown and that popular dusty turq color scheme with hints of mint green here and there. i do know it will be a sampler. i LOVE samplers! i get bored making the same block over and over and over again. plus when it comes time for quilting, i get to be creative with all the different blocks. i also probaly won't do the traditional 12" blocks either. (i have enough of those already) i'm thinking 16" would be cool. (plus the math for a 16" block isn't hard, it's still divisable by 4 just like a 12" block) anywhoo- i'll post blocks as i get them finished. it's not like i have 3 samplers already done waiting to be set....and have joined yet another BOM from the LQS....*sigh* Sew little time, SO much fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment

thanks so much for taking the time to comment, they feed my blog. i do my best to reply to each and every one! you can bet your comments are ALWAYS read and appreciated.