spring block swap is a flimsy!

i'm hiding in my sewing room from the trick-or-treaters. i'm the scruge who already ate forgot to get candy. so i decided to be the engergizer piecing bunny...i made bias binding (which i took pictures for a future tute) for 3 quilts, sewed one of those binding to my sister's choice quilt, i pieced 2 backings, and got borders sewn on a quilt. i'm not showing off, i swear- sunday's are my 'studio' day....it's rare that i get all day to piece, so i ty to get as much done as possible.

i also finished piecing my blocks from the spring swap into a flimsy (a flimsy is a patchwork top ready to be quilted). i've decided to name this quilt "Painted Flower Show". i had that large print leaf in my stash for a while. it was gonna be the border for another quilt, but i like it here much better....i like the idea of looking at all the names and places the blocks came from. thanks to those that participated! i love my quilt!

it's almost 9:00pm and i just realized i haven't eaten all day and i think i'll be safe going back upstairs...

happy halloween!

7 comments:

  1. oh, go eat some more candy..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your quilt is really bright and beautiful. And, wow, what a productive day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love those bright colors! Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sooo pretty. I love the bright colors in the blocks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's beautiful... now I wish I would of joined the swap!

    ReplyDelete
  6. SO very pretty. I'm glad I joined in on this swap. Mine is a flimsy, waiting to be quilted. I love the way you used different, scrappy fabric for the sashing. It gives it that much more personality and depth.

    ReplyDelete

thanks so much for taking the time to comment, they feed my blog. i do my best to reply to each and every one! you can bet your comments are ALWAYS read and appreciated.