it's my LA burfday!

according to my records, i quilted my first customer quilt on november 1st, 2004! so i am celebrating my fifth LA burfday... it was 40" x 60" and i charged (only) $20!

i look back at the progress i've made. when i started LAing my customers had two design choices: a meander and a loopy meander. then i got 'brave' and added swirls. now i am only limited by my imagination...i also know that i still quilt for customers that made that choice 5 years ago. they still bring me their quilts. (thank you!) i will never take that trust and relationship for granted....

i look forward to the progress i have yet to make. i always day dream about where this adventure will take me next. i do want to develop some classes as well as write a book. i have some show quilts in my head, too...i want to encourage other newbie LAers so they can feel this way one day...

i still feel like a duck to water when i quilt. and as an *gulp* adult, i feel like i'm doing what i'm suppose to be doing...ya know? i still smile every time i walk into my studio and see nemo's smiling face....

so happy stitching- whether you piece or quilt!

1 comment:

thanks so much for taking the time to comment, they feed my blog. i do my best to reply to each and every one! you can bet your comments are ALWAYS read and appreciated.