yup, it's made from a dog food bag. it's that woven plastic fabric. i just made a tote from it...it needs to be washed again....speaking of, if you plan to do this; a couple tips:
1. wash the bag thoroughly with hot soapy water and let dry over night
2. use a jeans/heavy duty needle in your sewing machine and go slow...
3. do not try to iron it...(well, i had to try so i could tell you whether it worked or not))
4. lengthen your stitch length (i went to 8 per inch) and use a cut off piece to test tensions
5. use a thicker thread than normal 'piecing' thread, i used a machine quilting weight cotton
i saw this idea on someone's blog (click here for just one of many) , but they were using bird seed bags, so i can't take credit for the idea...but i think i'm the first to use a dog food bag. plus, it's my favorite color: GREEN! so, keep your eyes open for new 'materials' that can be repurposed into a nice conversation piece...